[parisc-linux] B1000 Debian 3.0r1 High-Priority Machine Check

Thibaut VARENE varenet@esiee.fr
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 22:22:58 +0100

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:32:05 -0800
"Steve Cornett" <stevec@bullseye.com> wrote:

> Thibaut,
>
> Thanks for your answer, I was able to install using
> palinux-2.4.20-pa13-PDC-20021211-netinst.iso.
That's good news, and means that b-f on 3.0r1 doesn't suit your HW.

> Now I've a different problem and not sure where to turn.  Whenever I
> compile and run a program that "throw"s an exception, I get "Memory
> fault".  I can't figure out where to report this problem.  The PARISC
> Linux people or the GCC people?
I'd say PARISC for two reasons:
- first, this is quite likely to be a kernel problem, and IIRC exception related stuff is worked on currently,
- secondly, because some of GCC folks are also PARISC m-l readers ;)

FWIW, please read FAQ #17 for kernel error reports.

Anyway, please always CC the m-l on such answer: if I haven't answered to that mail, those fellow pa-ckers would never have known 3.0r1 B-F were responsible for the trouble...

HTH,

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://pateam.esiee.fr/