[parisc-linux] X problems...

Dan Baker dan_baker@eli.net
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:42:29 -0800

I've just installed the Debian 3.0 distro on my B2000. I had the usual
problems with consoles and the like. I've thus far been unable to get the
framebuffer device to work. The only docs I've found on it date back to
1999.

BUT, I did download source code for HP's Intel linux visualize driver. I
can't get it to compile, the assembler tells me there's an invalid opcode
(??) in the .o file. I'm not really a programmer, so I'm hoping somebody out
there can take a look at what they're doing and fix it. The files are at

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/ccd/soar2sdd/wk207/wk207en/hpgraphics_kernel-1.5.3-1.sr
c.rpm
and
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/ccd/soar2sdd/wk207/wk207en/hpgraphics_kernel-1.5.3-1.sr
c.rpm

SO, Any help either with compiling the driver or with configuring the
framebuffer would be appreciated

Dan Baker
Storage Admin
Electric Lightwave, Inc.