[parisc-linux] J3592A hp product

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 01:24:04 -0700

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 05:48:35PM +0100, Joel Soete wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a PCI SerialMux (8ports) which I put back in my b180.

I'll assume you are talking about the HO board here.

> a cat /proc/pci learn me that it seems to be an 'Equinox System' card:
> root@fw01:~# cat /proc/pci
> PCI devices found:
>   Bus  0, device   1, function  0:
>     Serial controller: PCI device 113f:90f0 (Equinox Systems, Inc.) (rev
> 4).
>       IRQ 96.
>       Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xf0ff0000 [0xf0ffffff].
>
> Is it possibly true?

yes. This board is the SST-8P with a different device ID.
Mail that I've exchanged with Equinox about this explained they
are contractually prohibited from supporting this board with
non-HPUX drivers.

Anyway, a few lines changes (I don't have the patch handy)
based on this note should be sufficient:
| p.s.,  I can tell you that the standard SST-8P ID is 0x9090 in case
| that helps you debug your baud rate problem.

Add a few case statements where you find "case 0x9090".
I know this hack works with 4.04 eqnx driver becuase I'm using
the same HP card in an x86 machine linux as a console server.
Sorry - I don't have a patch handy or know exactly where I keep
the source for that at the moment.

> On Equinox site it seems that drivers is included into Linux kernel.
> I have only found reference to this driver into drivers/pci/devices.h.

uhm...no. Maybe 2.5 kernels or something. I've put the original
tarballs I found on:
	ftp://gsyprf10.external.hp.com/pub/equinox

> Is somebody could advise me on howto insert this driver into kernel?

I use modprobe.  :^P
IIRC, the tarball has a readme on how to build/install.

grant