[parisc-linux] Re: Squid freeze

Bad Max badmax@club-internet.fr
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:54:09 +0200

Hi,

Le 11-fév-03, Joel Soete a écrit :

[snip]
| > Don't do this.
| >
| > 'dmesg' would inform you too that squid make a segfault?
| >
| > I already report this problem in this ml and in Debian bug report (sorry
| > I do not remember # but it is easy to find back).
| >
| > The problem was in fact due to a bad update of libpam-modules and a
| > modification in /etc/security/limits.conf which didn't occurs by
| > default. You would found tree line:
| > * hard core 0
| > * hard rss 5000
| > * hard nproc 20
| >
| > which you can remove (what the update should do if you answer Y at this
| > time)
| >
| > Now, you have to quit completely your loging; login again and you should
| > now be able to use squid.
| >

| > hth,
| >    Joel

Sorry but there are no messages at all about squid in dmesg. I checked
/etc/security/limits.conf and the three lines you indicated are already
removed.

I repeat : I must pass the option -X (force full debug) to have squid
working. I will spend time tomorow to locate what seems to be at the
origin of this lock.
-------
Bad Max
========