[parisc-linux] Re: [parisc-linux-cvs] linux grundler

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:47:42 -0700

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 04:24:54PM -0500, Aaron St. Pierre wrote:
> In another life Grant Grundler wrote:
> > if people care about the last 5% performance, they still have several
> > o build your own kernel
>
> 	As far as you know am I the only person, that has reported not being
> 	able to boot a 2.4.20-pa?? kernel compiled either natively or cross ?

yes. So it's not an option for you.

> > o run HPUX
> >
> > I've not done or seen any lmbench perf results recently but before hpux
> > was 10x faster on context switch/task related stuff.  And X11 server

Seems I remembered this partially wrong.
Linux was slightly faster in lots of areas, ~5x slower on fork/exec/shi,
and ~10x slower mmap latency.

http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2002-March/015966.html

grant