[parisc-linux] re: [parisc-linux-cvs] linux grundler

John Marvin jsm@udlkern.fc.hp.com
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 00:40:14 -0700 (MST)

> o moved disable_sr_hash() from SMP to common code path so all
> CPU's (including monarch) have this disabled.

Huh? You didn't seriously think the monarch still had sr hashing enabled
did you? Believe me, shared memory wouldn't work at all if that was the
case.

This change is wrong. init_per_cpu() is called too early for the monarch.
disable_sr_hashing relies on the boot cpu data to be initialized to
determine which code should be used to disable the sr hashing.  It might
work for PA2.0, since it is the default case, but you probably broke all
of the other processors.

disable_sr_hashing() is called for the monarch in mm/init.c in
setup_bootmem().

John Marvin
jsm@fc.hp.com