[parisc-linux] Security Hole in binfmt_som.c ?

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 14:59:33 +0100

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 02:49:50PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sad, 2003-08-30 at 14:15, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 02:42:37PM +0200, Ruediger Scholz wrote:
> > > binfmt_som.c:216:2: #error "Fix security hole before enabling me"
> > > What's this message about?
> >
> > I don't know.  I wish someone would tell me.  You'd think they'd have the
> > decency to contact the person listed as the author at the top of the file.
>
> Actually explanations were posted in the previous discussion on this on
> parisc-list.

Um, I can't find it, and neither can Google:
http://www.google.com/search?q=binfmt_som+security&as_q=%5Bparisc-linux&btnG=Google+Search&as_sitesearch=lists.parisc-linux.org

> Someone has to do the equivalent of the 2.4.22 binfmt_elf changes if
> neccessary so that another thread can't change the file handles or
> steal the exec fd being passed to the loader.

Hm, ok, I'll take a look later this weekend if no-one gets to it first.