[parisc-linux] Security Hole in binfmt_som.c ?

Alan Cox alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 14:49:50 +0100

On Sad, 2003-08-30 at 14:15, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 02:42:37PM +0200, Ruediger Scholz wrote:
> > binfmt_som.c:216:2: #error "Fix security hole before enabling me"
> > What's this message about?
>
> I don't know.  I wish someone would tell me.  You'd think they'd have the
> decency to contact the person listed as the author at the top of the file.

Actually explanations were posted in the previous discussion on this on
parisc-list.

Someone has to do the equivalent of the 2.4.22 binfmt_elf changes if
neccessary so that another thread can't change the file handles or
steal the exec fd being passed to the loader.