[parisc-linux] Re: kernel 2.6 for hppa status?

Matthew Wilcox parisc-linux@parisc-linux.org
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:03:54 +0100

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 09:29:35PM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Having just tried kernel 2.6 (the release candidate found in unstable) on i386,
> I found it to bring a _tremendous_ improvement in responsiveness and especially
> in userspace stuff like XFree. Given how this 712 is the slowest machine in my
> LAN, I was wondering if any work is being done on 2.6 for hppa and when is the
> first release expected?  Thanks!

-> parisc-linux.org where we have 2.6.0-test4.
When might there be a debian package for it?  Don't know, not my department.
But the -pa patch is a tiny fraction of the size of the 2.4 patch, so it'll
be much easier for everyone.