[parisc-linux] CVS mixups

Joel Soete jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:13:28 +0200

>So... for the second time I messed up and committed 2.6 to the 2.4 tree.

Thanks for advise.

I just update this Monday morning and just notice that last Carlos's patch
(itlb_fault optmizaztion) were reverted (also). Accident? (one step beyond
:) )

>In my defence, this time we were trying the new style of imports so it's
>not too surprising I got something wrong (and nobody spotted the problem
>till too late...), but twice is too many.

[In french we say "never twice without thrice" ( :-) )]

>Short term fix: I'm going to merge the latest marcelo patch into our
>2.4 tree today.  Looks like that'll be 2.4.22-rc2.  That'll fix this
>cvs diff autogeneration breakage.

Cool (i am awaiting this for a long time :) )

>Long term fix: I'm going to rename the linux tree to linux-2.4.  This will
>cause some disruption since everyone with a cvs tree checked out will have
>to mangle it to work again.  I'll make a script available in build-tools
>to mangle your tree for you.

Thanks again,
    Joel

Tiscali ADSL, seulement 35 eur/mois et le modem est inclus...abonnez-vous!
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr