[parisc-linux] CVS mixups

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:21:59 +0100

So... for the second time I messed up and committed 2.6 to the 2.4 tree.
In my defence, this time we were trying the new style of imports so it's
not too surprising I got something wrong (and nobody spotted the problem
till too late...), but twice is too many.

Short term fix: I'm going to merge the latest marcelo patch into our
2.4 tree today.  Looks like that'll be 2.4.22-rc2.  That'll fix this
cvs diff autogeneration breakage.

Long term fix: I'm going to rename the linux tree to linux-2.4.  This will
cause some disruption since everyone with a cvs tree checked out will have
to mangle it to work again.  I'll make a script available in build-tools
to mangle your tree for you.