xchat colors (Was Re: [parisc-linux] xfree86 4.2.1-9 build problem)

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:08:29 -0600

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 11:18:50AM -0400, Chuck Slivkoff wrote:
> If you can accept the "off" colors that
> an 8-bit TrueColor default visual would give you (due to the uneven
> 3/3/2 split between R/G/B), that would be the easiest solution & would
> ensure that all clients can get the colors they want.

Chuck, thanks again!

I can live with off colors since this seems to work.
(thanks again Alan too)

I'll submit a patch to xchat so at least it checks the
gdk return values and complains if it can't get the colors.

thanks,
grant