[parisc-linux] adding a second nic to B1000

geos@canada.com geos@canada.com
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 11:01:40 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry about that
im kinda new to this if you cant tell ;)
make config allowed me to select what nic drivers i
wanted but this did not compile or load the new driver

i will have to get the exact errors msg's when i get
back home

i ran the recompile kernal found here
http://www.parisc-linux.org/kernel/index.html
using Simple Recipe to Build a Kernel

this added the source to /usr/src/linux
that source should be the same as my kernal
after doing that i did this
http://www.scyld.com/expert/modules.html
needed to get lib6,cvs after a net-install to do this

the common error after compileing and doing a insmod
3c95x.o
was "this was compiled for 2.4.18 and this version is
for 2.4.19"
so i copy the 3c95x.c from the 2.4.19 kernel and did it
again now i get an error like this will not function

ill get better errors msgs tonight

am i doing this all wrong ?

> Please reply to the list, not to me privately.
>
> In reference to a message from geos@canada.com, dated
> Aug 07:
> > I will try that later tonite
> > i cannot get the 3c95x.c to compile or when i do it
> > tells me its compiled for the wrong kerel
>
> this looks like a generic module compiling problem,
not
> hppa specific...
> have you done this before succesfully? Are you
building