[parisc-linux] adding a second nic to B1000

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 09:59:19 -0700

Please reply to the list, not to me privately.

In reference to a message from geos@canada.com, dated Aug 07:
> I will try that later tonite
> i cannot get the 3c95x.c to compile or when i do it
> tells me its compiled for the wrong kerel

this looks like a generic module compiling problem, not hppa specific...
have you done this before succesfully? Are you building a module from
the same tree where you built the kernel you are running? I just tried
this against 2.4 cvs and it works fine.

> modconf does not show this nic in the list

is the module installed in /lib/modules/`uname -r` ?

> make config did not change anything

what did you expect it to do?

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports