[parisc-linux] Problem: linux-2.6.0-test-pa6 and ssh

Ruediger Scholz rscholz@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:45:51 +0200

Thanks for your help, but I already found the answer. (rtfm, or in this
case not the manual but "The post-halloween document. v0.42" from Dave
Jones... ;) )
When using devfs with 2.4 I didn't need to mount the devpts-fs, so I
comment this part out in /etc/fstab. Because of the changes to devfs in
2.5 I had to mount the devpts now. So I mounted devpts, and everything
worked like a charm again.

Running ssh in debug mode and without mounted devpts gives:
debug1: Allocating pty.
openpty: No such file or directory
session_pty_req: session 0 alloc failed

Ruediger