[parisc-linux] Problem: linux-2.6.0-test-pa6 and ssh

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 23:02:49 -0700

> booting the 2.6.0-test2-pa6 kernel works quite right, but when I try to
> login via ssh I get the following error after entering the password:
> "Server refused to allocate pty".
> With a 2.4-kernel and latest 2.5-kernel it worked alright.
> I using devfs and debian unstable on my 715/100.
> Has anyone an idea how to get ssh to work?

hm.. it seems to work for me... can you try running sshd in debug
mode (sshd -ddd, output goes to syslog) and see if that tells you more
about what's happening?

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports