[parisc-linux] Re: Presicionbook success

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:15:13 +0100

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 03:09:58PM +0100, M. Grabert wrote:
> Good question, I don't have the HP-UX root password. The Precisionbook
> comes with two 4GB hard disks, both with HP-UX installed, but I have to
> ask for the password (or does anybody know how to easily gain root access?),
> which I haven't done yet.

Surely you can boot it, interact with IPL and add `single' as a parameter
to boot it in single-user mode?  Or does that ask for the pw too?

(I have to confess to never having used hpux in anger ;-)