[parisc-linux] parisc-linux.org kernel

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:19:26 +0100

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 11:50:03PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
> > actually, i'd like to (feel free to answer off-list),
>
> Once the 2.4.20-preX bk tree that willy was using as "parent"
> was discarded by marcelo because of other bugs in patches.
> Or marcelo wouldn't accept the patch because he had a -pre candidate
> and didn't want to risk that. Just stuff like that.

And other people were patching things in the parisc-specific directories
which conflicted with my patches ;-(

> As willy noted, parisc is not an exception. last time willy looked at
> merging, the 2.4 diff was something like 2 or 3MB. I'd hope it's a bit
> smaller since Alan Cox merge a bunch of stuff into his tree.
> But I haven't looked if/when Marcelo picked any of that up.
> For comparison, last I heard, the 2.5 diff is something like < 100KB.

-rw-r--r--    1 willy    willy      202871 Apr  8 20:54 parisc-2.5.diff
although most of that is:
-rw-r--r--    1 willy    willy      170361 Mar 18 18:46 parisc-hil.diff

$ zcat ../ftp/cvs/patch-2.4.20-pa32.diff.gz |wc
  91100  503494 3691507

that's not the full story since a large chunk of that's been merged into
2.4.21-pre, but i have no idea how much would be remaining.

if anyone had the time, we could track 2.4.21-pre more closely.  but it's
just not worth it.