[parisc-linux] Sound on C3000

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:45:49 -0800

> I ham enjoying a C3000 (400MHz) machine running hppa Debian, with kernel
> 2.4.20-32.
> Everything is working except the sound.  Sound server can start up, but
> does not have a device to output to.

did you load the ad1889 module (or build it into your kernel?) I'm not
sure it's enabled by default... it also doesn't work 100% of the time...
but if the module loads, you should see a message in your bootup log
that identifies the device.

the ad1889 driver is on my todo list of things to fix.... too much to
do, too little time to hack :)

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports