[parisc-linux] SMP problems

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:58:55 +0100

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 05:47:50PM +0300, Arto Jantunen wrote:
> Is that the so called remote admin card you told me to remove?-) If it

That's the one...

> is, no I don't have it in there because I was told to remove it. Will
> putting it back actually fix problems? Will it cause problems? It did
> before. Where should I connect my console after putting it back in?

Let's leave it out for the moment -- fewer variables the better.  If you
build a serial console kernel and you're not getting any output before
the machine hangs, it's time to break out the PDC console debugger.
Edit arch/parisc/kernel/pdc_cons.c and change #undef EARLY_BOOTUP_DEBUG
to #define EARLY_BOOTUP_DEBUG.  Let us know how you get on with that.