[parisc-linux] Mouse stops working when exiting KDE

Bryan W. Headley bwheadley@earthlink.net
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 16:45:47 -0500

Joel Soete wrote:

>> I assume you are running the gpm mouse daemon as well. If you tell X
>> to use the gpm mouse (/dev/gpmdata), you should be okay.
>

> Hmm, long time ago I test this (because that was like this I configure
> my i386 boxe) but it did not work. Does it work now on parisc?

Last time I checked, it did. Debconf and I have a difference of opinion
about it's overwriting XF86Config-4 after I hand-edit it. So and X
upgrade arrives, and the config file gets overwritten. :-)

> with kde ?

No, I've seen it with Gnome also, on: alpha, ppc, sparc, and i386.

> Because with the same software config (gdm + xfce + xfree86-4.1) the
> same problem occurs on my parisc (b180) and not on my i386 (on which I
> also use /dev/psaux as mouse device)?

But, IS gpm running? Both it and the X server are trying to grab events
from /dev/psaux...

> (sorry (I would be of better help) I never have time to investigate in
> more details this problem. And I do not remember exactly if it was
> always there or if it appears with a new release of xfree86 or with a
> new kernel release? Is some one can refresh my memory?)

Seen it on X 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2. So I'd say it's not kernel-related.

--
Bryan W. Headley - bwheadley@earthlink.net