[parisc-linux] partial success with matroxfb

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:23:31 +0200

On Friday 20 September 2002 02:27, Andreas Seltenreich wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> here is a report about my experiments with a "Matrox Mystique" in
> a C200. The attached diff shows the _temporary_ changes I made to the
> matroxfb.
>
> I replaced the {read,write}{b,w,l} calls to their __raw equivalents,
> because Petr Vandrovec told me that matroxfb expects them to do BE to
> PCI on BE machines. I had no success when running the card in LE mode.

Hi Andreas,

instead of

 static inline unsigned int mga_readb(vaddr_t va, unsigned int offs) {
+	return __raw_readb(va.vaddr + offs);
- 	return readb(va.vaddr + offs);
 }

I think you should use the
	fb_readXXX() and fb_writeXX()
functions from include/video/fbcon.h which are automatically
initialized correctly acording to the architecture.

Greetings,
Helge