[parisc-linux] Re: OT HP-UX Formatting Scsi disks

Andrew Shugg andrew@neep.com.au
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 09:04:43 +0800

Derek Engelhaupt said:
> I've decided to load HP-UX on the E55 I've been playing with since
> Debian doesn't work very well on it right now.  I'm sending this OT
> because I need to know where dd lives on an HP-UX 11.11 box.  I'm in a
> limited shell and need an absolute path to dd to get it to accomplish
> the above.  It's so limited it won't even give me the ls command.  Any
> of you HP-UX guys out there?  Since I'm at home I don't have access to
> an HP-UX box at work.  Thanks.

Just how limited is this shell?  Are you just not able to see any
output?  What happens when you run '/bin/ls'?

If you can get stdout, try 'which dd' and 'find / -type f -name dd -print'
to locate the program.  I don't have an HP/UX box in front of me either,
or I would just tell you where dd lived.  =)

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."