[parisc-linux] Making SYM2 default SYM-SCSI driver instead of SYM1

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:09:29 -0600

Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> Now I'm asking you to know if anybody has an objection against making
> SYM2 the default driver in debian-configs instead of old SYM1.

I don't. All the boxes I care about have 53c8xx chips in them.

A slightly safer approach is to make sym2 the default for PA2.0 systems
and the old sym the default for PA1.1 systems. But GSC/HSC c720 cards
don't fit that model since they go into systems with either sub-arch.
I don't see a way around users "tuning" based on actual HW configuration.

grant