[parisc-linux] Re: OT HP-UX Formatting Scsi disks

Derek Engelhaupt derekengelhaupt@rocketmail.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:26:39 -0700 (PDT)

> try zeroing out the first few blocks:
>
> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/offending_scsi_drive bs=512 count=4

I've decided to load HP-UX on the E55 I've been playing with since
Debian doesn't work very well on it right now.  I'm sending this OT
because I need to know where dd lives on an HP-UX 11.11 box.  I'm in a
limited shell and need an absolute path to dd to get it to accomplish
the above.  It's so limited it won't even give me the ls command.  Any
of you HP-UX guys out there?  Since I'm at home I don't have access to
an HP-UX box at work.  Thanks.

derek