[parisc-linux] Modem communication, HP 730

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 23:24:31 -0600

Derek Engelhaupt wrote:
> I know the internal modem of the K-class is limited to 19200.  All of
> the support modems we install for the systems are slowed down to 19200
> even though they are 56k.  Coincidence?

Maybe not.  Does the modem connect directly the console manager or
whatever it's called? That might be the limiting factor.

Could I cut off the goofy connector for K-class modem, solder on a DB-9
(or DB25) and have a cool external 56k Modem?
If so, I only need to know what the pinout is since power probably
comes through the cable as well.

I've seen so many of those go in the trash here.

grant