[parisc-linux] Re: EWOULDBLOCK vs. EAGAIN

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:54:35 -0700

In reference to a message from John Marvin, dated Oct 22:
> OK, I should have checked the archives first. It looks like this issue
> has already come up. In that case we fixed the app. But I'm not comfortable
> with the fact that we are different from every other architecture here.

John, I was refering to the suggestion Carlos made that we can "fix up"
the return value in the syscall return path in glibc. Looks like there
is already precedence for this sort of thing, and that way we retain
binary compatibility with both hppa-linux and potentially with hpux.

> P.S. I know most of you don't care, but the broken app in this case is
> telnetd. It drops connections if you blast too much to stdout.

heh, now that you mention it, this explains some things...:-)

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports