[parisc-linux] Re: EWOULDBLOCK vs. EAGAIN

John Marvin jsm@udlkern.fc.hp.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:34:55 -0600 (MDT)

OK, I should have checked the archives first. It looks like this issue
has already come up. In that case we fixed the app. But I'm not comfortable
with the fact that we are different from every other architecture here.

Yes, to be completely portable across other Unix flavors, you should
check for both EAGAIN and EWOULDBLOCK. But it would appear that
Gnu C library documentation says they should be the same, and they
ARE the same on all other Linux architectures. So, in my opinion,
we are broken, not the apps.

John

P.S. I know most of you don't care, but the broken app in this case is
telnetd. It drops connections if you blast too much to stdout.