[parisc-linux] asm/offset.h vs asm/offsets.h

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:45:22 +0100

In 2.5, there's a standardised way of generating asm/offsets.h which I think
we ought to move to.  However, it means we lose the #ifdef protection
against compiling for the wrong wordsize; ie:

#ifdef __LP64__
text("#ifndef __LP64__");
text("#error offset.h was generated for 64-bit build; did you do 'make dep'?");
#else
text("#ifdef __LP64__");
text("#error offset.h was generated for 32-bit build; did you do 'make dep'?");
#endif
text("#endif");

can no longer be a part of it.  I'm not sure this is an awful problem
since it's regenerated more consistently than our old offset.h, but it's
something to be aware of before we switch.