[parisc-linux] Dump driver: step by step

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:04:37 -0600

Bruno Vidal wrote:
> 	hi
> Good news, now I'm able to initialise and read/write on
> multiple disk. The solution a new time was a specific
> PDC call on PAT system (we don't need it on 712 for example):
>
> dump_pdc_call(PDC_IO, PDC_IO_RESET_DUMP_DEVS, __pa(pdc_result),__pa(dumpdev))

IIRC, this call is PAT PDC specific. The reason it was added is PAT PDC
only initializes boot and console devices. The RESET_DUMP_DEVs was added
to initialize a list of devices so IODC could be used in the HPUX
dump path.

> where dumpdev is the list of all "struct device_path".
> It would be really interresting if someone is able to
> find the "parisc 2.0 I/O firmware" doc, it would gain
> a lot's of time to poor little programmers like me.

Best is to scrounge through HPUX source code.
With docs, it's often difficult to know *where* to find the right info.

grant