[parisc-linux] help!!! apt-get dist-upgrade

Steven Pritchard steve@silug.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:54:13 -0500

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 12:27:20PM +1000, Peter Lavender wrote:
> Now I have ssh'ed back to the box.  How can I basically reconnect to
> the process and issue the Y to go ahead and complete the upgrade?

You can't really.  Next time, after you login, run "screen".  Then,
when something like this happens, use "screen -D -r" to logout the old
session and reattach it to your current terminal.

> I'd rather not kill it unless it's safe to do so.

It should be.  Apt is very good about just picking up where it left
off on the next run.

Steve