[parisc-linux] help!!! apt-get dist-upgrade

Peter Lavender plaven@bigpond.net.au
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:27:20 +1000

Hi Everyone,

I'm not having much luck finding a solution to this problem.

I kicked off apt-get update then apt-get dist-upgrade, however I was
ssh'ed into the box when I did this.  Becuase the connect is flakey,
the ssh connection reset, so the last thing apt-get dist-upgrade has
showing was a prompt.

Now I have ssh'ed back to the box.  How can I basically reconnect to
the process and issue the Y to go ahead and complete the upgrade?

I'd rather not kill it unless it's safe to do so.

A ps aux | grep apt shows the process still there.

Thanks,

Pete.

--
				Due to a lack of imagination,