[parisc-linux] hardware features of 712-60 ?

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:54:00 +0100

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 03:22:14PM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> 2) Memory:  which module?  In which dialogue?

do you know of any linux architecture where you have to turn on a
configuration option to access your _ram_?  ok, x86 has that lame
1GB/4GB/64GB question, but parisc doesn't ask you a question about it.
why are you complaining?

> 3) Optional RS-232:  which module?  In which dialogue?

it says "serial driver" right after it.  the precise option you need to
turn on is :
      bool '   serial port on GSC support' CONFIG_SERIAL_GSC

> 6) Floppy:  which module?  PC Floppy definitely doesn't work.

no, nobody's made the floppy drive work yet.

> 8) Parallel:  which modules?  LASI/ASP builtin, or PC-style hardware too?

just LASI/ASP.

> b) SCSI:  HP LASI SCSI support for 53c700/710, or NCR53c7,8xx SCSI support too?

just the former.

> d) Optional BA:  which module?  In which dialogue?
> e) Core BA:  which module?  In which dialogue?

dep_bool '  Lasi I/O support' CONFIG_GSC_LASI $CONFIG_GSC

is this really so hard?