[parisc-linux] hardware features of 712-60 ?

Thibaut VARENE varenet@esiee.fr
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:28:11 +0200

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:34:43 +0300 (EEST)
"Martin-" <q-funk@pp.fishpool.fi> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, "Beerse, Corné" wrote:
>
> > > At this point, I apt-got kernel-source-2.4.19-hppa and
> > > unpacked it, and already
> > > selected the 7100LC/7300LC CPU option.  What else?  Has
> > > anybody compiled a FAQ
> > > on parisc-linux that provides .config files optimized for
> > > each PA-RISC hardware
> > > or, alternately, a checklist of hardware one finds in product
> > > xxx, referenced by
> > > Linux kernel feature or module name?
Well, as for any kind of 'PC' box, a quick look at lspci output, and even more at 'dmesg', will tell you everything you need to know.

> > Have you checked the hardware database on the website?
> > (http://www.parisc-linux.org/) That gives an overview on what whas in the
> > origional box.
>
> http://hwdb.parisc-linux.org/view.php3?type=machine&name=712%2F60
>
> That page could have been written in Chinese, it would have been equally clear.
> if
> you have graphics card XXX select the driver with the same name". I've
> chip does what, as every line in that page starts with Gecko.
Did you notice that each chip is labelled with its driver name ?
See, the text between '()' at the end of each line ?

I wonder if we should make it bold, or maybe flashing ? :o)

A last point, subscribing to this mailing-list would be a good idea, or at least taking a look at archives. You would have then noticed that the last version of the PA-RISC/Linux Boot HOWTO has been released about 4 days ago, giving you many useful tips about kernel compiling...
http://pateam.esiee.fr/doc.html
http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/

Hope that helps,

Thibaut VARENE