[parisc-linux] hardware features of 712-60 ?

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk@pp.fishpool.fi
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:34:43 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, "Beerse, Corné" wrote:

> > At this point, I apt-got kernel-source-2.4.19-hppa and
> > unpacked it, and already
> > selected the 7100LC/7300LC CPU option.  What else?  Has
> > anybody compiled a FAQ
> > on parisc-linux that provides .config files optimized for
> > each PA-RISC hardware
> > or, alternately, a checklist of hardware one finds in product
> > xxx, referenced by
> > Linux kernel feature or module name?
>
> Have you checked the hardware database on the website?
> (http://www.parisc-linux.org/) That gives an overview on what whas in the
> origional box.

http://hwdb.parisc-linux.org/view.php3?type=machine&name=712%2F60

That page could have been written in Chinese, it would have been equally clear.

I guess I'm just used to PC hardware, where kernel compiling simply means "if
you have graphics card XXX select the driver with the same name". I've yet to
find that simplicity in HP hardware, probably because everything is done via
custom chips that combine several functions, and it is not clear to me which
chip does what, as every line in that page starts with Gecko.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, Espoo, Finland.
"Kas sa tahad mind? - Nej!!! Är du en idiot?!!"