[parisc-linux] Dual Video Cards?

Derek Engelhaupt derekengelhaupt@rocketmail.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:56:42 -0800 (PST)

--0-2046837841-1038412602=:48983

Well that's going to be my exact setup...I have one PCI EG card on the way and it came with a GSC EG card that I'm using now.  This machine dual boots HPUX and Linux of a Model 12 Autoraid with 2 LUNS on it.  I guess I'll get it working with HPUX first then tackle the Linux side.  I do have access to a serial console and that's how I got the original GSC graphics card configured to work.  Right now the GSC card is the default console and it works fine.  I found it interesting that the new palinux-2.4.19-pa24-PDC-20021106-netinst.iso doesn't exhibit the long bus walk times that I've been hearing about unless I have my kernal versions confused.  Like others here I, my network won't hook up to the switch at 100FD only 10FD.  The more interesting thing is that it hooks up at 100FD during the install phase of Linux for the netinst CD, but not after it's running on it's own kernal.  I do believe someone wrote a patch for this though.
derek
 Nahkola Mikko <mnahkola@trinms01.ntc.nokia.com> wrote:On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 08:09:20PM -0800, ext Derek Engelhaupt wrote:

> Anyone running dual displays on a C Class? And if so how? I
> understand it needs two video cards or one card with dual output.
> Thanks.....

Well, I have both a VIS-EG/PCI and a VIS-EG/GSC in a C360, but it's
running HP-UX and not Linux.

Hardware-wise it isn't a problem, even though the GSC card isn't
officially supported in a C360. You might want to check the boot
consols config though, diagnosing display problems with that during boot
isn't fun without a serial console. And if you want to have a graphics
console, do mind the slot designations ... I wouldn't try to make the GSC
card the console in the C360, for example.

Don't know how you'd go about configuring those in Linux though. In HP-UX
it's rather simple but that doesn't help much...

--
Mikko Nahkola
Tre-IN sysadmin