[parisc-linux] Dual Video Cards?

Nahkola Mikko mnahkola@trinms01.ntc.nokia.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:40:08 +0200

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 08:09:20PM -0800, ext Derek Engelhaupt wrote:

> Anyone running dual displays on a C Class?  And if so how?  I
> understand it needs two video cards or one card with dual output.
> Thanks.....

Well, I have both a VIS-EG/PCI and a VIS-EG/GSC in a C360, but it's
running HP-UX and not Linux.

Hardware-wise it isn't a problem, even though the GSC card isn't
officially supported in a C360. You might want to check the boot
consols config though, diagnosing display problems with that during boot
isn't fun without a serial console. And if you want to have a graphics
console, do mind the slot designations ... I wouldn't try to make the GSC
card the console in the C360, for example.

Don't know how you'd go about configuring those in Linux though. In HP-UX
it's rather simple but that doesn't help much...

--
Mikko Nahkola   <mikko.nahkola@nokia.com>
Tre-IN sysadmin <mnahkola@trein.ntc.nokia.com>