[parisc-linux] long bus walk times on boot up

Derek Engelhaupt derekengelhaupt@rocketmail.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 07:30:41 -0800 (PST)

--0-779367258-1037806241=:5774

Well, my C180 is gone to a new home and my C360 is well on it's way, but I had a question about the new netinstall ISO's out there.  I had been running the 2.4.19-pa19-20020922-netinst.iso on the C180 and it didn't have the bus walk issues that cause the long boot up times.  I really would like to avoid having my C360 take 20+ minutes to boot up.  Are there any real huge issues with running this older kernal on my C360 or are there any immediate plans to fix the issues of having to walk the entire bus?  I'm still a little weary of compiling my own kernal (only done this through SAM on HP-UX), but if I was forced to I could probably figure it out using the HOWTO's.  Is there a kernal parameter I could tweak that could resolve the long bus walk times?  Or am I just totally off base?  :)

derek