[parisc-linux] [2.5] next issues ...

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:17:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, John David Anglin wrote:

> 3.1.1 and 3.2 are identical except for a change in C++ abi, so as far
> as kernel building goes they should be the same.  3.3 has a small struct

ok.

> ABI fix (affects passing of 5-7 byte structs by value), improved long calls
> and a workaround for a linker bug affecting PA 2.0 float loads.  If I

no PA 2.0 here.

> was picking, I would go with the current mainline 3.3 or the debian 3.0.

ok, how and where to get 3.3 from ?
	- subversions.gnu.org cvs ?
	- cvs.parisc-linux.org cvs ? (looks older)

I am going to dig into this.

What about binutils 2.13.90.0.10-2 ... do you know what changes where
there from previous versions ?

Ok, first thing I am going to do is build with gcc 3.0.4 and see if it
works.

all native building btw. here.

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/