[parisc-linux] [2.5] next issues ...

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:50:28 -0500

> > My impression from what Joel has said is that the problem is bad coding
> > rather than an actual gcc problem.  However, up to now, nobody has been
> > able to provide a precise analysis of what's going on.
>
> or even duplicate the problem.. i've been building 2.4 and 2.5 kernels
> with 3.2 for some time.... haven't seen the problems that have been
> reported.

32 or 64-bit kernels? All debian tools? Mix of debian and upstream?

My only run-in with the problem was with 32-bit kernels cross compiled
from x86. Though lately I'm using a gcc-3.1 based XC and it builds functional
64-bit kernels.

This is definately becoming one of those HPPA urban legends. I shall add
it to my TODO list and verify that I can build a 32/64-bit kernel
natively and cross with all the latest upstream cvs bits.

c.