[parisc-linux] Broken Cache Flushing in arch/parisc/kernel/signal.c.??

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:28:08 +0000

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 11:52:34PM -0800, Randolph Chung wrote:
> this is partly my fault, since i thought we have unbroken cache flushing
> and asked thibaut to check this in... now i see that the original code
> flushes sr3 space, but flush_icache_range() flushes the kernel space...
> oops!
>
> perhaps we should just check the old code back in for now?

Can we use
  void flush_icache_user_range(struct vm_area_struct *vma,
                        struct page *page, unsigned long addr, int len)
?  I'm not sure where we'd get the struct page from, though.