[parisc-linux] Untested port of parisc_device to generic device interface

Miles Bader Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org>
13 Nov 2002 17:26:34 +0900

Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> writes:
> > I can't speak for `real machines,' but on my wierd embedded board,
> > pci_alloc_consistent allocates from a special area of memory (not
> > located at 0) that is the only shared memory between PCI devices and the
> > CPU.  pci_alloc_consistent happens to fit this situation quite well, but
> > I don't think a bitmask is enough to express the situation.
>
> What does your pci_alloc_consistent() function need from the pci_dev
> structure in order to do what you need it to do?  Anything other than
> the dma_mask value?

Currently, it ignores the pci_dev argument entirely (I've never had a
device that needed the mask, so I haven't bothered with it).  It just
allocates a block from the special memory region and returns the result.

-Miles
--
$B<+$i$r6u$K$7$F!"?4$r3+$/;~!"F;$O3+$+$l$k(B