[parisc-linux] [Trap 26 -> EXT3?][If you feel bored, test these 2.5 changes...]

jsoe0708@tiscali.be jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 16:57:23 +0100

Andrew,
>jsoe0708@tiscali.be said:
>> Back to 2.5.46-pa1, I revert the patch and rebuild the kernel and the
kernel
>> won't boot more. So it seems that problem comes from ext3 usage.
>> How may I come back to ext2 (tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/md0 [my boot
>partition]
>> ) I nerver do it and a bit affraid to loose my system :(
>>
>> Joel
>
>It should be as simple as changing your root fs type from 'ext3' or
>'auto' to 'ext2' in /etc/fstab.

You have perfectly right, just at boot time:
EXT2-fs warning (device md(9,0)): ext2_fill_super: mounting ext3 fs as ext2

But it would not help to make the system boot (I also remove ext3 support
from kernel):
Unable to find swap-space signature

Stack Dump:

Thanks a lot,
    Joel

Tiscali Complete, l'accès Internet moins cher que gratuit ! Plus d'info:
http://complete.tiscali.be