[parisc-linux] [Trap 26 -> EXT3?][If you feel bored, test these 2.5 changes...]

jsoe0708@tiscali.be jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:39:33 +0100

Carlos,

>Joel,
>
>Wow, you added those changes and EXT3 stopped functioning? :}
>Please revert the patch and try to build/boot a kernel again.
>
>Code 26 -> "Data Memory Access Rights" trap, looks like a
>misbehaving EXT3.

I test your patch on my 2.4.20-rc1(-pa24) and the kernel boot and run well
:)).

I try to trigger the usage of this traps
double a=1., b=0., c;
c=a/b;
printf ("Ratio a/b: %f);

but it do not cause any fp interrupt error? (well that is an another question)

Back to 2.5.46-pa1, I revert the patch and rebuild the kernel and the kernel
won't boot more. So it seems that problem comes from ext3 usage.
How may I come back to ext2 (tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/md0 [my boot partition]
) I nerver do it and a bit affraid to loose my system :(

Joel

Tiscali Complete, l'accès Internet moins cher que gratuit ! Plus d'info:
http://complete.tiscali.be