[parisc-linux] New testing ISO available with recent boot-floppies

joel.soete@freebel.net joel.soete@freebel.net
Mon, 27 May 2002 18:59:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Thibaut,

To BAD: I made a mistake and I had to re-install my b2000.

On the other hand it is a good oportunity to test the last CD-rom.

It boot well and recognise well the ide cdrom. Nice :-)

But on the b2000 (I have no idea for b2600) the cdrom is an ide model and so
appears to be /dev/hda pseudo device.
So before install of the kernel and the base system, I had to execute a shell
and launch cd /dev; MAKEDEV hda to add require /dev/hda* then the rest works well.

Could it not be possible to add those /dev/hd[abcd]* into the initial ramdisk
(it should not take too much additional space?)?

Thanks in advance for your additionnal help and thanks again for great job,
    Joel