[parisc-linux] parsic function calling convention

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Thu, 16 May 2002 23:36:57 -0700

> I'm not aware of any authoritative, detailed documentation for PA1.1 ELF.
> Since PA1.1 (32-bit) ELF is hack from the existing 64-bit ELF,
> You could start by looking at PA2.0 calling convention for HPUX.
> Either docs.hp.com or www.parisc-linux.org should have that specification.
> Otherwise, just write something in 'C' and see what gcc produces.

 From what I have seen, the 32-bit elf conventions are quite similar to
 the 32-bit som conventions. the biggest difference i know off the top
 of my head is that we don't do fp argument relocation.

 http://www.parisc-linux.org/documentation/index.html has some good
 links for the 32-bit SOM and 64-bit ELF runtime architectures.

 randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports