[parisc-linux] parsic function calling convention

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 22:07:17 -0600

James Mc Parlane wrote:
> Does anyone please have info, or know where I can find info on the parisc2.0
> calling convention under hpux and parisc-linux?

There's several calling conventions that can run under PA2.0 architecture.
HPUX supports PA1.1 SOM and PA2.0 64-bit ELF.
The 64-bit ELF is the same for both OSs.
parisc-linux kernel has limited support for PA1.1 SOM but everything for
debian-hppa is built using PA1.1 ELF (32-bit).

I'm not aware of any authoritative, detailed documentation for PA1.1 ELF.
Since PA1.1 (32-bit) ELF is hack from the existing 64-bit ELF,
You could start by looking at PA2.0 calling convention for HPUX.
Either docs.hp.com or www.parisc-linux.org should have that specification.
Otherwise, just write something in 'C' and see what gcc produces.

grant