[parisc-linux] Try to boot b2000 failled?

joel.soete@freebel.net joel.soete@freebel.net
Tue, 14 May 2002 15:07:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

To split my gcc-3.2 and gcc-3.1 env on two different server (need disk space
also), I would like to install a free b2000 workstation.

To do this i choose lan install (no possibilty for external scsi-cdrom and no
more place to rebuild a new cdimage with recent kernel); I configure my palinux
b180 as bootp-tftp server and configure in accordance with
http://pateam.esiee.fr/parisc-linux-boot/parisc-linux-boot/preparation.html.

In b2000 BOOT_ADMIN> boot lan, the lifimage (build with cvs palo & kernel
2.4.18-24 which boot well on my b180) is well found and launched but hang just
after "Searching for devices..." and the green light on the ide cd-rom driver
stay lighted?

Thanks in advance for help,
    Joel

This mail sent through Tiscali Webmail (http://webmail.tiscali.be)