[parisc-linux] X on J5000

Thomas Bogendoerfer tsbogend@alpha.franken.de
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:32:54 +0100

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 11:22:01PM -0800, Jeremy Drake wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Chuck Slivkoff wrote:
>
> > That would be a Visualize-FXe. It is completely different than any of
> > the supported devices.
>
> Does this mean I don't get any X?  Maybe I could be of some help testing

correct. None of the FX card is supported at the moment, because there is
still no documenatation available. I tried to treat the framebuffer as
a 24bit non packed framebuffer, but that gives me some really odd looking
graphic. Looks like PDC sets it up to some special pixel writing mode,
because it only deals with 3 planes.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]