[parisc-linux] Mozilla, etc.

Thomas Bogendoerfer tsbogend@alpha.franken.de
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:31:51 +0100

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 09:44:59PM -0800, Christian Suder wrote:
> since rcently you can get the mozilla package with a simple "apt-get install
> mozilla", so there is no need to go through the excercise of compiling it
> yourself (and it takes several hours on older HW - been there). However it
> still doesn't run, as far as I know because the threads are still far from

to get it running, you need to recompile it with -O optimizing level. The
default -O2 miscompiles mozilla. Ok, this will give you a more sane mozilla,
but it's still not accepting some of the mouse/keyboard events. No idea
why. But there is galeon, which uses mozillas rendering engine, which (also
compiled with -O) gives me a working web browser.

Thomas.